Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Looking Back

I decided that I needed to write about my sentimental emotions. I recently emailed my old high school teacher with helping tutoring a student of mine. He's my favorite math teacher in existance, and I knew that if I couldn't solve a problem, he could.

He was so interested in helping me, and even discussed the concepts with my other high school math teacher. I have been suddently reminded of how much I miss those two. Especially Mr. M, he was the reason I knew I wanted to teach math. I would love to be as great a teacher as him when I'm older. Its his experience, I know, that makes me so great.

Emails between the two of us have made me want to blurt out all my own plans in college to him. He's like, the grandfather I never had, or rather, the one I can't remember since my pappys past away when I was little. I feel like I'm on this new level with my old teachers. I learned everything I could from them, and they realize that, and how me in almost a collegue view since I am a prospective teacher.

I am really excited about the future, suddenly. I can't wait to be in Mr. M's position, and (hopefully) have old students emailing me and asking me questions and telling me about all the exciting things they want to do with their lives. Cuz I'll be damned if I don't let them spill all their educational plans.

-sighs-

1 comment:

Sixty X Celph said...

I still don't like math. (>_>) But maybe that's cause I didn't have a hot teacher for it. (^_~)

Sentimental thoughts are always nice to hear about from you. (^_^)