Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Decisions on Majors

I am in no way referring to Major League Baseball. Sorry to dissapoint the fans.

I've decided striving for a Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics of Education isn't enough. The Degree is not the same as a Bachelor's of Mathematics. This Degree is only good for being a teacher. I decided that isn't enough. What if I suddenly decide that teaching isn't for me? I will have to go straight back to college to get a different Degree in order to hold a job. No thanks.

So I looked over the requirements and concluded that if I take an extra semester before graduating, I can complete the courses need for a Bachelor's of Mathematics. I told my parents about it, my father was thrilled, my mother was more concerned about her birthday. I guess I should also remember that they have no say in what I do. I am responsible for all my finances now. Everything owed to Kutztown University is in my name. All the loans, etc, lack a co-signer. Whoopie.

So I am (hopefully) going to graduate in the Fall of '10 with a Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, a Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics of Education, and a full certification to teach by PDE. The joys of life.

Now I just have to worry about GPA, Praxis I and II, tutoring, student teaching, etc. The list goes on and its rather dull.

But at least in two and half years I can walk away from this damn place, two degrees, certification, and a job (cause seriously, who teh hell wouldn't hire me?). I will owe my parents nothing financially. I will be my own provider, from then on out. Its amazing really.

Wish I had a fucking time machine.